On the 4th of February 2022, The British Chamber of Commerce Moldova was incorporated at Companies House UK, The establishment of Britcham Moldova was endorsed by the British Embassy Chisinau on the 1st of November 2021 and the Moldovan Embassy London on the 14th of January 2022.
To establish Britcham Moldova required the British Chambers of Commerce to formally provide a letter of support for the establishment of a Bilateral Chamber between the United Kingdom and the Republic of Moldova. This was provided on the 31st January, enabling the UK legal entity to be formed and Britcham Moldova is now finalizing its application to be part of the British Chamber of Commerce Global Network of over 70+ countries and 50+ UK regional Chambers of Commerce.
● Honorary President of the Board, HMA Steven Fisher, British Ambassador to the Republic of Moldova
● Honorary Patron,HE Angela Ponomariov, Moldovan Ambassador to the Court of St.James’, London, United Kingdom
● JEREMY KEMP, CEO
● NICK GROVE, Co-CEO
● LEE GIBSON GRANT, Founder of Britcham Moldova
● CHRIS WREN, Board Member and Chamber Advisor
● RICHARD WEBB MBE, Board Member and International Trade
Whilst Moldova is a small nation in Europe, it’s Imports to the U.K. have grown dramatically over recent years as highlighted in the latest UK government trade report.
Date of release: 10 February 2022;
Total trade in goods and services (exports plus imports) between the UK and Moldova was £1.1 billion in the four quarters to the end of Q3 2021, an increase of 51.7% or £371 million from the four quarters to the end of Q3 2020. Of this £1.1 billion:
● Total UK exports to Moldova amounted to £39 million in the four quarters to the end of Q3 2021 (a change of less than £1 million compared to the four quarters to the end of Q3 2020);
● Total UK imports from Moldova amounted to £1.1 billion in the four quarters to the end of Q3 2021 (an increase of 54.6% or £371 million compared to the four quarters to the end of Q3 2020).
The establishment of the British Chamber of Commerce Moldova provides a fantastic opportunity to connect UK and Moldovan Businesses in bilateral trade opening new doors and opportunities for both countries.
The chamber will provide Business to Business services including, matchmaking services, assistance with product and brand awareness and market access and is currently running a survey for Moldovan Businesses that either currently trade with the UK or are looking to trade with the UK. To participate in the Survey click here, the Survey is in English, Romanian, and Russian languages with the purpose of better understanding what and how the British Chamber of Commerce Moldova can really help businesses explore the new markets available to them.
There are currently around 160+ UK Charities that work in Moldova or with Moldovan Charities, BCCMwill provide free membership and tools to support more impactful donations and awareness of our Charity Members.
Education and the ability for students to reach new courses, employers and opportunities is key to building long term trading relationships and Britcham Moldova will be partnering with a range of online and offline providers for our Student Members accessible 24×7 through our online members portal.
Both Charity and Student Members can apply for our Free of Charge Honorary Membership.